Saturday, June 9, 2018

Finally a good use for peas...

If we've ever shared a meal, it will likely come as no surprise that I'm no fan of peas.  They don't taste good and tend to smell like feet.  These are proven facts.  Proven by me, over the span of my entire life.  But then Payless Grocery sent me a coupon for a free sample of Ripple.  Ripple is a non-dairy milk made from peas.
Whenever I'm given the chance to try a new kind of "milk" I tend to go for chocolate. It feels like a lower risk to me, because I looooove milk.  I love regular milk, so chocolate seems like an easier route to try.

I do have to say that this isn't my favorite non-dairy chocolate milk.  That would probably be dark chocolate almond milk.  But this is certainly an option.  My oldest daughter has become lactose-intolerant so we're always on the lookout for other options.  This is definitely a possibility for her.  It's the best use of peas EVER, but it doesn't sound appetizing to offer someone "pea milk."  The regular price of Ripple is a bit concerning to me as well, but when you need options this is still a good candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment