Monday, June 18, 2018

The price of beauty

Anyone who sees me regularly knows that my look is perhaps best described as "low maintenance."  It's rare for me to wear makeup.  And it's also been sadly rare for me to devote any time at all to skin care regimens.  But Kroger/Payless and MyMagazineSharing sent me some free samples to try to change all that.

Behold:


I definitely hope you can tell I'm wearing a mask in this picture.  It was a Neutrogena® Deep Clean® Purifying 100% Hydrogel Mask, and it was glorious.  It was cool and slippery, but then it felt lovely just letting it all soak in as I watched a movie (which may or may not have involved Harry Potter).

I also received some other free samples.  The TRESemmé® Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray has been a nice way to add some control to my hair without the usual tangling that hairspary causes on the ends of my hair.  The Love Beauty and Planet® Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner Tandem Sachets smelled wonderful and made my hair very soft, while the Aveeno® Absolutely Ageless™ Daily Moisturizer and Restorative Night Cream has helped develop a new habit of moisturizing my skin and thinking about sun protection.  


Some of these products, while lovely, are a bit to pricey for my budget.  So while I might pick up another Hydrogel Mask as a treat, I'll have to pass on the shampoo and skin creams while I look for more affordable alternatives.  I have seen improvements in the fine lines around my eyes, but the truth is that these lines don't really bother me.  I'm happy to say that most of my wrinkles seem to match what forms when I smile, and I don't regret smile lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment